Saturday, March 26, 2011

Homeschool Highlights

Happy Saturday!

I can't believe another week has flown by! It's getting down to the wire for J1's graduation and the end of the school year. I always seem to panic this time of year. Everything I haven't accomplished seems to be taunting me. One great thing about having my new blog are the photos I have been taking for my posts. Once I finish a "Homeschool Highlights" post I look back over it and say to myself, "We are having valuable moments!!"
We also have had a spring snow storm here. UUUGG! I am such a warm weather girl that this weather is torture! I can not wait for some signs of spring and some long hikes. Today I think it's about 20 degrees!
Anyhoo, here are some highlights from our homeschool week.

We found a wonderful book at the library for B and J3's chemistry.

The book presents every element of the periodic table like a character with a personality. It is really holding their attention! After we read about a couple of the elements we watch a video on that element that I learned about from Harmony Art Mom called  The Periodic Table of Videos. These videos make chemistry fun!!


They absolutley love it when the video has an explosion of some kind. My older boys are working on Apologia Chemistry and they are watching the videos on their own as well. Very often though they will come and watch them again with the youngers......especially if there is going to be an explosion going on. The older boys have been making chemistry videos of their own now. The latest video was of a handmade bottle rocket. I'll try and see if I can have them put the video onto my blog. 

J1 is still plugging away at his American Government course.  It's been a challenge to say the least.


I have to include a cute moment of J2 working on his LA in the office. I went to see what he was up to and had to laugh....


Our cat Lily is almost invisible on that black desk! She wants to homeschool too!

In World Geography this week we made English castles out of sugar cubes.






J3 decided his castle was going to be an old ruin. 
Last, but not least, we started using a couple new math books by Scholastic. One is called, Mega Fun Card Games and the other is 25 Super Cool Math Board Games. Both B and J3 are loving them. Excuse the Pjs :-).


Well that's a wrap! have a great homeschool week!

No comments: