Friday, October 28, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up -



I've decided to link my "Homeschool Highlights" up to the "Weekly Wrap Up" at Weird, Unsocialized Homeschooler's blog. I'm still new to all this linky parties and bloggy stuff so bare with me.

This week in Human Anatomy we did an experiment from Food and Nutrition to show how bile in our body acts as an emulsifier breaking down fats into small globules.


The blue bowl is the example of bile doing its job! B and J3 had a light bulb moment when they saw the results. I love it when experiments go well!

J1 helped me tremendously this week. He helped with math corrections, projects, and reading about the brain to B and J3.

B and that hat! She was wearing it all week! I'm not sure what that's all about. :-)
In Early American History we are finishing up the Seminole Indians. We are making Chickee huts as a final project to present at our quarter celebration. B and J3 went outside and gathered things from the yard they may be able to use on their models. J1 and J2 partnered up with each of them to help them costruct them. We will be working more on them next week.


J2 and I are still working our way through The Grapes of Wrath. Both of us are liking John Steinbeck's writing style. Pictures easily form as I am reading each chapter and I can at least understand everything that is going on! We can do this! We can do this! We can do this! (highschool literature that is)

Have a great homeschool week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oops..I just left you a comment, but I think I accidentally deleted it!

You'll make it through high school literature:) I think it's great that y'all are doing it together. That makes it more enjoyable, I'm sure!