Sunday, February 19, 2012

Homeschool Highlights





After making a Valentine Pinterest board and becoming inspired, we decided to do a couple of simple crafts.

First thing we tried was Picasso's Rose Period Hearts from The Painted Paper. The simplicity of this project really leaves a lot of room to focus on creativity! Love that! I even tried a few!

And our Valentine pretzel buttons from g*rated did not last long!!!


I am loving having "visual files" I can pull up at any time. I am a visual learner so Pinterest is perfect for me!

We started a lot of new books this week.

B and J3 are reading Squanto and are really enjoying it. I don't have to beg them to read their assigned chapters. :-)


J3 wrote his first report on his favorite subject......reptiles!! We worked on every step together and he got through it with minor frustration. He seemed very happy with the way it turned out. I let his do the whole thing on Microsoft Word to make it easier. He does not mind writing if we take out the "handwriting" component of it.


My high schooler J2 started the book, The Choosen and The Diary of a Young Girl this week. He wrapped up WW1 by filling out a "War Report". This is a form I got right out of the book, Senior High: A Home-Designed Form+U+La by Barbara Edtl Shelton.

Oh! I almost forgot! We had one day in which we got dumped on with a tremendous amount of snow! We have had a pretty green winter this year, which is almost unheard of around where we lived. My oldest commented that maybe all the snow we were supposed to get was saved up for this one day. Anyhoo, B and J3 had to take time out of their regularly scheduled school day (hahaha) to enjoy it.


It's wonderful that home schooling allow us to take advantage of these opportunities because as quick as it came is as quick as it went. We now have green grass again. (You won't hear me complaining about it though!)

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

LOVE the painted hearts! We also had one day of snow this past week. We declared Monday a snow day.