I found these babies in someones garbage pile while I was taking a walk in my neighborhood the other day.
I took them home with me, washed them up, and grabbed some of my spaypaint. I used Rustoleum's Metalic in oil-rebbed bronze.
I then decided to use an idea from Kimba and find some ferns at Walmart! Like her I had always viewed them as "old ladyish" but I loved her idea of planting petunias underneath them. It really makes a difference! I had already bought some mini petunias in red and plum that I thought would work well.
I decided to place them on each side of my front door. I absolutely love the results!
I have a few more things to complete and then I will show you my completed porch redo.