Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homeschool Highlights

I have not written a homeschool highlights post yet this year. It has taken us quite a while to get into a grove. I think we are still working on it!
This week was B's 12th birthday. We included a lot of games into our homeschool days. Scrabble is back "in" I guess. It's funny how something they have not been interested in for months is now something they want to play all the time. I'm hearing alot of, "Is such and such a word mom?"


B got Monopoly with electronic banking for her birthday and they are having a blast playing it.

Mozart is our composer this semester and we are listening to Serenade No. 13 for Strings in G Major. We listen to it using a video from You Tube.


Notice my son J3's face? He's always making silly faces when he sees I am taking pictures of him. :-)
We are continuing with Sonlights Human Anatomy. I had used it with J1 and J2 when they were younger. I ended up buying the updated guide for the younger two because there were so many updates. To my surprise, J3 really loves this science! He actually looks forward to it everyday. Who knew?! We finished up the digestive system this week.


J2 is taking a photography and graphic arts course through our homeschool group. A dad who is a professional in both of these professions teaches the courses. J2 is really enjoying them and learning so much. This week he had to design buisness cards and a bookmark based around a book you love or are currently reading. I was thrilled when he showed it to me and it was based on the Grapes of Wrath (since we are reading it this semester).


J1 is home with us during the days right now and it's proving challenging.
It's hard to have one home and not schooling when all of the rest of us are trying to keep a schedule all day. He's planning his next move after interning for three weeks for an editing company. Lately, he has been thinking about how to expand his portfolio. We talked about him possibly shooting a faux commercial for his grandparents restaurant, which got him researching better cameras that have more professional microphones built in. He's showing me all of the info his research has turned up and it's foreign to me. I'm just glad he has a focus again.

Onward and forward!!

No comments: